Saturday, September 24, 2005

So far, Rita owes me a shower and a good night's sleep

I saw the Director of Rehab walking down the hall earlier today, and he was spraying air freshener out of a bottle about every 2 or 3 steps. I asked him what he was doing, and he said "this place is starting to smell like people". I don't think I've ever heard that expression before, but it described perfectly the condition within the hospital.

Everyone is trying to get this placed cleaned up now, more family members are leaving and it could almost, sorta fell normal around here again by dinner time. Of course, it will still be unusual to be roaming the halls later with a clip board making sure we have mattresses available for staff and only one employee per mattress. That won't be normal.

But I usually only have the chance to put people to sleep in new hire orientation!

1 comment:

Blair said...

It's great to hear the reports after the storm that things are getting back to normal (relatively) and everyone is safe.

Blair